Products > Sherpa Pads > Sherpa Provider
Built with the mindset of a common guidance unit, the Provider is designed to easily integrate to multiple parafoils to support a contiguous payload weight range of 100 - 10,000 lbs. It offers the lowest cost per pound of cargo delivered compared to any other aerial delivery system available, including LCADS and ICDS. It easily interfaces with 463L, Type-5 platforms, Enhanced Container Delivery Systems (ECDS), as well as custom payloads and containers.
Customers have the option of choosing which parafoil(s) they wish to include with their purchase of the Provider. The flexibility offered by the Provider Guidance Unit allows customers to be forward looking with their PADS purchases. While potentially not necessarily requiring a 10,000lb payload capability today, armies can meet their present day requirements with the Provider and still maintain the potential to move to the next payload category with the simplicity of a future parafoil purchase. With a common guidance unit and software, the training and logistics costs are a fraction when compared to the introduction of a full system for each weight range.
The Sherpa™ Provider Advantage:
- Better than 100m CEP landing accuracy
- Common Guidance Unit designed to deliver payloads of 100 - 10,000 lbs
- HAHO/HALO programmable drogue delay
- Precision guided from deployment to landing
- Multiple landing/navigation/waypoint options
- Compatible with paratrooper flightpaths
- Optional Inertial Guidance System (INS), SAASM GPS
- Optional Handheld Remote Control Unit
- Wireless 802.11 / Wireline Mission Planning
- Uses common MMIST LaunchPADS™ Multi Mission Manager
- JPADS Mission Planner Compatible
- Quick release payload interface
- Quick operational turnaround
- Proven SHERPA™ guidance algorithms
- Dynamic wind sensing to automatically refine flightpath to target
- Stringent environmental and electromagnetic compatibility testing
- Passive collision avoidance
All Sherpa™ variants are fully autonomous GPS guided, offering SAASM GPS support and an optional remote manual control, featuring the unique ability to reprogram the target point in-flight with the push of a button. Sherpa™ systems feature a robust ability to overcome adverse winds, and offer significant flexibility with respect to dispatch scenarios.
With an industry unique programmable drogue delay, the Ranger and Provider are fully HAHO (High Altitude High Opening) and HALO (High Altitude Low Opening) capable. All variants feature fully guided ram-air parafoils which maintain positive control of the load throughout the entire flight, with a final soft landing at approximately half the rate of descent of low velocity round parachutes.
All Sherpa™ systems are provided with the MMIST LaunchPADS™ Multi Mission Manager, for easy stand alone operation. Moreover, Sherpa™ systems are fully supported by the US Department of Defense's Joint Precision Aerial Delivery System (JPADS) mission planner, which forms part of the standard PADS training program.