Company > Career Opportunities > Opportunity Details
Android Developer (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles)
Date Posted: Saturday, March 25 2017
Reports To: Product Manager
MMIST is a full solution provider of Precision Aerial Delivery products and services including the Sherpatm family of GPS guided parafoils, the CQ-10A SnowGoosetm cargo unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) along with mission planning tools, services and support equipment.
At MMIST, we believe that our key differentiator lies in the strength of our team. By focusing on the continued growth and development of each individual employee, we build on the talent, passion and knowledge of the team as a whole, resulting in maximum value for our customers. Our environment is one of competence and enthusiasm, fostering creativity and developing talent by empowering you to develop your new ideas within our rapidly changing industry. Put your great mind to work!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Develop and maintain Mission Planning / Flight Management applications written for Android platforms.
• Design and develop simulation systems, make strategic technology choices, and directly supervise the quality of designs and implementation
• Take on a leadership role in the full software development process, including requirements definition, implementation, verification, and support
The successful candidate must have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Experience with GUI/Front End Design, Human Machine Interface (HMI)
• Experience developing Wireless Networking applications
• Experience with simulation, mapping, GIS, or other graphical applications
• 8+ years of development experience in the software industry
• 5+ years of experience programming in C++, C#, .NET or Java
• 2+ years experience developing for Android platforms
• Experience in human factor design, usability testing and user interface optimization.
• Excellent English written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong technical leadership skills
• Strong systems experience in the Windows environment
• Fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a Canadian security clearance
In addition it is desirable if the successful candidate has the following additional experience:
• Experience with avionics systems, flight management systems, mission planning software and STANAG 4586
• Experience in the Aerospace and Defense market.
• Experience with automation tools and software configuration management tools.
• Experience with process oriented software development (i.e. IEEE, DO-178B etc.).
This position is a full time position and offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience.
We thank all candidates in advance and advise them that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.To apply for this position, please write us at email@example.com